Our esteemed reader, we are grateful that you are interested in Vladimir Petrovsky's archive. We would love to hear your feedback on the materials presented here. If you are going to use materials from the Petrovsky archive, we appreciate if you write a line on where you used or cited documents.
Documents (speeches) may be downloaded, but if used for publication(s) or for purposes of your own research, the origin of the citation and the credit have to be mentioned. The credit should read: “United Nations Archives at Geneva”.
1. Statement at the presentation of the 1998 Human Development Report Palais des Nations, 4 September 1998.
2. Address at the concert given by the Bratislava Boys Choir, St. Peter's Cathedral, Geneva, 4 September 1998.
3. Statement at the 100th Inter-Parliamentary Conference, Moscow, 6-7 September 1998 (English and Russian).
Заявление на 100-ой Парламентской конференции, Москва, 7 сентября 1998 года.
4. Welcome Address at the Round Table on the 50th Anniversary of United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, Palais des Nations, 14 September 1998.
5. Disarmament and Security: the Past Decade and Prospects for the Future, an Overview, revised 28 September 1998.
6. Statement on the occasion of the International Day of Older Persons and the launching of the International Year of Older Persons, Palais des Nations, 1 October 1998.
7. Statement at the Nansen Medal Award Ceremony upon Presentation of the Secretary-General's Message on this occasion, Geneva, 5 October 1998.
8. Statement at the Exhibition of Paintings by William Wilson on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Palais des Nations, 10 November 1998.
9. "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is a living document, which takes on grater force with every passing year", statement on the occasion of the National Conference on Human Rights, Tirana, 16 November 1998.
10. Briefing to the Permanent Council of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, Vienna, Austria, 19 November 1998.
11. Message to the Council meeting of the Socialist International, Palais des Nations + the SG's message, 23 November 1998.
12. Statement of Vladimir Petrovsky on the Ocassion of the Anniversary Gala of the Artists For Peace Association, Hotel du Rhone, Geneva November, 29 NOVEMBER 1998.
13. "Knowledge is the Power of Geneva", statement at the opening ceremony of the newly renovated press room, Palais des Nations, 1 December 1998.
14. "Disarmament and Security: the Past Decade and Prospects for the Future" - Statement of Vladimir Petrovsky to the Members of "Centre d'etudes Diplomatiques et Strategiques", December 1, 1998.
15. The SG's Statement to the 7th meeting of the OSCE Ministerial council, delivered by Mr. V.Petrovsky, Oslo, 2-3 December 1998.
16. "Reaffirming the Universality of Human rights through the Partnership between Governments and Civil Society, statement at the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 10 December 1998.
17. Statement at the official ceremony in honour of the President of the Swiss Confederation, Ruth Dreifuss and in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Batiment des Forces Motrices, Geneva, 10 December 1998.
18. Address to Staff, Palais des Nations, Geneva, 14 December 1998.
19. Address to the Fifth General Assembly of the Students' League of Nations: "Dialogue and cooperation: the Foundation of a General Assembly", Geneva, 14 December 1998.
20. Questions for the interview with Mr. Vladimir Petrovsky, Deputy Secretary- General and Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva, by Maurice Swirc for the Dutch Magazine IQ, 15 December 1998.
21. "United Nations: Problems and Prospects of Global Security" - Statement for the Geneva Centre for Security Policy's Special Course: "Security Challenges at the Turn of the Millennium", Institut Henri Dunant, Geneva, Switzerland, 14 January 1999.
22. Statement on the occasion of the "Scourge of Hyacinths" Opera, Batiment des Forces Motrices, 17 January 1999.
23. Statement at the 808th Plenary meeting of the Conference on Disarmament, Palais des Nations, 19 January 1999.
24. Statement for the opening of the exhibit "Le Palais Wilson au Palais des Nations", 19 January 1999.
25. Statement at the conference: "Transition period towards the market economy: currant problems in financial and banking spheres", 24-25 January 1999.
Выступление на конференции "Переход к рыночной экономике: современные проблемы в финансовой и банковской сферах", Женева, 24-25 января.
26. Message of the Secretary-General to the Business Humanitarian Forum, Message of the Director-General, Geneva, 27 January 1999.
27. Statement on the Occasion of the opening of the exhibition of Paintings by Christian Neel, Palais des Nations, 2 February 1999.
28. Statement at the World Conference on Doping in Sport organized by the International Olympic Committee, Lausanne, 2 February 1999.
29. Opening Statement on the occasion of the Photographic Exhibition entitled: "The United Nations and Nuclear Disarmament" and the launch of UNIDIR's new journal: "Disarmament Forum", Palais des Nations, 3 February 1999.
30. Message to the 22nd session of the Governing Council of THE INTERNATIONAL FUND FOR AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT (IFAD)
and SG's Message, Rome, 17-18 February 1999.
31. Opening Address for "UN Day" at the International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance Course, Palais des Nations, 19 February 1999.
32. Address at the opening of the Exhibition of Mr. Harry Rosenthal and Mr. Noel Emile-Laurant, Palais des Nations, 22 February 1999.
33. Statement at the conference "United Nations and the Conflict Transformation in the XXI century",
"Организация Объединенных Наций и урегулирование конфликтов: стратегия и инструменты" - Выступление на Научно-практической конференции "Организация Объединенных Наций и трансформация конфликтов в XXI веке",
Приветственное выступление на семинаре конференции,
Palais des Nations, 25 February 1999 (Russian and English).
34. Opening address at the exhibition "L'Eau, Miroir de Monde", Palais des Nations, 2 March 1999.
35. Opening statement at the commemoration of International Women's Day, Palais des Nations, 8 March 1999.
36. Statement at the ceremony of the launching of the book by Pierre Argillet "The Battle of Human Rights", Palais des Nations, 24 March 1999.
Remarks of book - 2 more documents in Russian - "Битва за права человека продолжается".
37. Statement on the occasion of the documentary "Fernand Dehousse 1906-1976: Un combat pour les droits de l'homme", 26 March 1999.
38. Statement on the occasion of the Exhibition of Paintings of Oswaldo Munoz Marino, Palais des Nations, 6 April 1999.
39. Message to the 101st lnter-Parliamentary Conference, Brussels, 10-16 April 1999.
40. Message regarding the relationship between the IPU and the UN Brussels, 16 April 1999.
41. Statement at the celebration of the 80th Anniversary of the decision to declare Geneva the Seat of the League of Nations, UNOG Library, 23 April 1999.
42. Press-Conference Statement of the Director-General of UNOG "Geneva International: Triangle of Peace-Building and Crisis Prevention", 23 April 1999.
43. Statement at the opening ceremony of the sculpture of Vladimir Nabokov, Montreux, 23 April 1999.